The OECD CITY Division of Centre for Entrepreneurship, SMEs, Regions and Cities (CFE), Unit on Water Governance and Circular Economy is looking for candidates for a 6 months internship, starting from November 2023. The OECD/CFE helps local nd national governments unleash the potential of entrepreneurs and small and medium-sized enterprises, promote inclusive and sustainable regions and cities, boost local job creation and implement sound tourism policies. In particular, the Urban Policies and Sustainable Development Division (CITY) contributes to shed light on urban development policies addressing a range of issues – from managing urban expansion and congestion to fostering competitiveness, innovation, social inclusion, and environmental sustainability.
Within the Division, the Water Governance and Circular Economy Unit advises governments at all levels on how to design and implement resource efficiency policies. The Unit produces policy analysis, coordinates policy fora and measures progress through ad hoc indicators and data analysis. Applicants should take a keen interest in water governance, blue economy and circular eocnomy, have excellent drafting and oral skills in English, and be enrolled in a university degree, preferably a PhD or alternatively in 2nd year of Master in economics, public policy, social sciences or related disciplines. Knowledge of Spanish and French would be a comparative advantage.
Candidate should meet the following requirements:
• Be citizen of an OECD member country.
• Be full time student in a discipline related to the above programme of work for the whole 6-month period.
• Be enrolled within a University able to sign internship agreements with the OECD.
Under the supervision of the Head of Unit, the intern will perform the following tasks:
• Contribute to publications, reports and working papers on water governance, blue economy and circular economy.
• Support senior staff with research and drafting of international best practices for reports and policy on water governance, blue economy and circular economy.
• Contribute to the organisation of dedicated events
• Draft brief, TPs, presentations, brochures, etc. as required.
• Edit and format documents, following OECD requirements.
The selected candidate will receive an allowance of 1000 €/month, which cannot be cumulated with other paid jobs or consultancy duties, but it can be compatible with scholarships (e.g. Erasmus, PhD fellowships, etc.). All other fees and costs (travel, accommodation, visa etc.) are not covered by the OECD. Interested candidates that fulfil the basic requirements are kindly invited to send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com.